SEMOcon 2019 brings unique culture to Poplar BluffSEMOcon is a Comic Con-style convention that serves as a gathering for people interested in topics from anime and manga to comic books and superheroes. Another staple of these kinds of conventions is people attending in costumes of specific characters, also known as cosplay.
Poplar Bluff Animal Control dog and cat of the weekMeet Cocoa and Sophie, this week's pets of the week. The Poplar Bluff Animal Control shelter is located on Butler Street and is open for adoptions from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. For more information call 573-686-8635...
Residents plan to take city complex location concerns to council MondayMembers of the public are expected to speak Monday at a Poplar Bluff City Council meeting regarding concerns over the location of a new city hall, police department and Municipal Court. The matter does not appear on the council’s formal agenda, but is expected to be raised during a public comment period at the beginning of the meeting...
Assault on PBHS campus investigatedOne student has been arrested in an alleged assault that occurred Tuesday on the campus of Poplar Bluff High School. Initial interviews with the teens involved indicate it may be tied to the tragic death of another student Sept. 7, police say. Caleb Cole Holloway, 17, of the 100 block of Antler Trail was arrested shortly after 1 p.m. Tuesday at the school and released on a summons. The charges were later upgraded to suspicion of third degree assault...
Collision on North Westwood Boulevard on Thursday eveningA two-vehicle collision blocked one lane of traffic going southbound on North Westwood Boulevard at around 4:15 Tuesday evening. One driver was taken in an ambulance and both vehicles were towed. Poplar Bluff police and fire departments responded and had cleared the scene by 4:40.
Butler County Exhibits & More is set for Sept. 26-28Circle your calendar now for the Butler County Exhibits & More set for Sept. 26-28 in downtown Poplar Bluff at the Black River Coliseum. Events happening at the Black River Coliseum will include agriculture, horticulture, and floriculture exhibits, home economics, 4-H, youth exhibits and the silent auction. Entries will be taken from 3-7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26 at the Black River Coliseum and from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27...
Residents turn out to support wounded deputyResidents in Carter County have turned out to support one of their own today. Brigg Pierson, a deputy wounded Aug. 16 in the line of duty, returned home today from a St. Louis hospital....
Cane Creek Community Club September meetingThe ladies of the Cane Creek Community Club enjoyed a heartwarming time at their Sept. 11 meeting. Starting at 11 a.m. at Wilma Rains’ house, the five members pledged allegiance to the flag followed by reminiscing on what they had been doing 18 years ago on 9/11 2001. Roll call was answered by each telling a school memory. The members recited the 23rd Psalm as their devotional...
Motorcycles & ATV'sCan-Am Outlander Max XT 650, 4 wheeler, 2016, yellow, $6100, 573-714-1096
Houses for RentLease: O'Neal School neighborhood 3 BR, well maintained, C/H/A/range/frig/dw/laundry/carport, quiet street, nice yard, no pets, references/deposit required. (314)803-5470
Sporting Goods13 rattlebaits $25 (573)300-8379
Sporting Goods12 crawdad rattletrap's, $25 (573)300-8379
- Advance baseball finishes off Bloomfield, turns game-ending double play (9/14/19)BLOOMFIELD — The Advance baseball team struggled early this season with finishing off opponents. The Hornets lost leads in the sixth or seventh inning in each of their first three games, all losses. On Saturday in a round robin at Bloomfield, the Hornets rallied past the Wildcats and finished them off with a game-ending double play to win 8-7...
- STATESMAN ROUNDUP: Dexter volleyball reaches Dig for Life quarterfinals (9/14/19)
- Advance baseball finishes off Bloomfield, turns game-ending double play (9/14/19)
- STATESMAN ROUNDUP: Bernie baseball scores two runs in seventh, beats Holcomb 3-2 (9/14/19)
- STATESMAN. ROUNDUP: Dexter volleyball reaches Dig for Life quarterfinals (9/14/19)
- Poplar Bluff football uses big plays to beat Sikeston in SEMO North opener (9/14/19)
- NMCC football strikes quickly after halftime to beat Dexter 43-15 (9/13/19)
In Your Community
- The power of God, friendship can change communities
- Governor’s campaign has great support
- Communities can do better in suicide prevention
- Heroes turn out to Qulin Elementary
- Meet a Teacher: Rikki Johnson
- Greenville R-II Jr. High names September students of the month
- A response to violent behavior
- Friends are a rare commodity in life
Kenneth Ray FearsKenneth Ray Fears, 69 of Poplar Bluff, died on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019 at Hospice Care Center in...
Geraldine Eggers AllenAlice Geraldine nee Eggers Allen, 90, of Poplar Bluff, died Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2019 at Poplar...
James 'Ed' CrumleyNEELYVILLE — James ‘Ed’ Crumley, 87, of Naylor, died Thursday, Sept. 12, 2019 at his...
Jean SullivantJean Sullivant, 91, of Morehouse, Mo., died Sept. 12, 2019 at her residence. Services will be held...
Rev. George SmithRev. George Waldon Smith, 88, died Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019 at Community Compassion Center in...
Judy SamseNEELYVILLE — Judy Samse, 75, of Poplar Bluff, died Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019 at her residence. A...
Notice CzweronkaIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Bids 11th Street BridgeADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS Project No. 2018-ED-01 The...
Notice DuncanIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Notice JMRIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Trustee Brevity EntNOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE For default in the...
Notice Airport Board VacanciesNOTICE The City of Poplar Bluff, Missouri, wishes...
Notice BaldwinIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT,BUTLER...
Trustee JonesNOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S FORECLOSURE SALE WHEREAS,...
- Dexter man sentenced to prison and treatment for fatal Black River boat crash
- Assault on PBHS campus investigated
- UPDATED 4:30 p.m. Monday Dispute over gallon of milk leads to Sunday shooting
- Dispute over gallon of milk leads to Sunday shooting
- Poplar Bluff teenager named an "honorary trooper" for potentially life-saving actions
Latest State & Nation News