Needy families receive beds in a new projectLocal needy families are being given another option to help make sure their children get proper sleep.
Second vacant home fire in two days under investigationFor the second time this week, Poplar Bluff firefighters were called to the scene of a fire involving a vacant home. Just before noon Wednesday, a fire was reported at 1408 Grove St., said Chief Ralph Stucker. When the first truck arrived, firefighters found a “boarded-up house. It had a tremendous amount of smoke pouring out of every corner of it,” Stucker explained...
Three PB businesses allegedly fail alcohol compliance checksThe first of several alcohol compliance checks of local businesses recently resulted in three being found in violation for selling alcohol to underage patrons. On Sept. 20, Poplar Bluff Police Department conducted its first of several upcoming alcohol compliance checks of local businesses, police Capt. Darron Moore said in a press release...
City firefighters on scene of house firePoplar Bluff firefighters are on the scene of a house fire at 1408 Grove St. They were called around noon Wednesday, by a Poplar Bluff police officer already on scene. Members of Municipal Utilities were also called. Additional information will be shared as it becomes available...
PROGRESS 2019: Faith creates opportunity in flood recoveryVAN BUREN — A community’s faith and willingness to work together with government agencies continues to improve the lives of Van Buren residents after the 2017 flood. Pastor Dave Truncone of the First Assembly of God Church in Van Buren and his congregation, like many others in the area, pray for ways to help in the continued recovery...
RiverMist hopes to invest $10M in memory care, updated assisted livingA Poplar Bluff facility hopes to receive state approval to transition to memory care assisted living units and a separate assisted living senior community, part of a $10 million investment. Owners of RiverMist Assisted Living are applying for approval of a certificate of need, explained Heather Westenhaver, development assistant with Americare Senior Living. The Sikeston-based Americare operates the Poplar Bluff location...
R-X approves plan to move forward with storm shelter grant requestsBROSELEY — The Twin Rivers R-X board agreed Tuesday on a relationship with Dille Traxel Architecture Firm to move forward with pursuing funding for three shelters.
Early-morning storm damages home near Fairdealing
EmploymentTruck driver wanted, Class A CDL, clean driving record, must past drug screen. Hourly pay. call Brad (573)714-5868
PetsBeagle Puppies, vaccine and wormed. AKC. 4 Months old. $300 (573)718-5731
LostLost-female dark gray, slender, shy, short haired cat. Lost in vicinity of 1900 block of Wallace St. If found, please call 712-7419, if no answer leave message or call back. $100 reward.
Apartments - UnfurnishedBrick Duplex for lease, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, all electric, all built in appliances, 1 car carport, $500 monthly/deposit, call Janet Allen 573-718-5998
- REDBIRDS ROLL: East Carter softball team advances to state quarterfinal with 5-0 win over St. Pius X (10/24/19)The East Carter softball team gave their large group of fans something to cheer about early in the MSHSAA Class 2 sectional playoff Wednesday. Makenna Moore laced a two-run triple in the first inning then struck out 10 in tossing a two-hitter as the Redbirds beat St. Pius X of Festus 5-0 at a rowdy Rains Field...
- REDBIRDS ROLL: East Carter softball team advances to state quarterfinal with 5-0 win over St. Pius X (10/24/19)
- STATESMAN ROUNDUP: Bloomfield volleyball wraps up SCAA play with sweep of Bell City (10/23/19)
- North, Middle Zone youth duck seasons are this weekend (10/23/19)
- Wappapello Bass Masters ends 41 year run (10/23/19)
- DAR RECAP: Poplar Bluff volleyball faces long road to conference final (10/23/19)
- Ketcherside's second-half goal lifts Poplar Bluff soccer team past Farmington on Senior Night (10/23/19)
In Your Community
- Sacred Heart names October students of the month
- Zero class at football game
- City hall, police department concerns
- Qulin Middle School first quarter merit, honor rolls
- U.S. Attorney General Williams Barr: U.S. in moral decline
- Is Putin the new king of the Middle East?
- Parallel Cities: A Promise for the Future
- A foul on U.S. values
Shannon L. HurstShannon L. Hurst, 46, of Poplar Bluff, passed away on Oct. 22, 2019 at St. Louis University...
Claudia Renee PayneDONIPHAN — Claudia Renee Payne,52, formerly of Ripley County, died Monday, Oct. 21, 2019 in...
Wesley Cord LewisWesley Cord Lewis, 58, of Poplar Bluff, passed away Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019. Wesley was born March...
Leon FriedmanCAMPBELL, Mo. — Leon Friedman, 69, of Campbell and Bigelow, Ark., died Monday, Oct. 21 at his...
David Wayne LancasterMALDEN — David Wayne Lancaster, 60, of Malden, died Monday, Oct. 21, 2019 in Malden. Visitation...
Ona L. RushingOna L. Rushing, age 82, of Fisk, died Oct. 21, 2019 at Mark Twain Caring Center. Ona was born Jan....
Trustee CoonsTRUSTEE’S SALE IN RE: Michael Coons Samantha...
Trustee BushTRUSTEE’S SALE IN RE: Stephen C Bush and Carla...
Notice MondyORDER OF PUBLICATION OF NOTICE JESSE J. MONDY,...
Bids Carter CR 201 ImprovementsINVITATION TO BID Owner: Carter County Commission...
Notice McMullinSTATE OF MISSOURI SS COUNTY OF BUTLER IN THE...
Trustee OdleNOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE Default having been made...
Trustee PutmanIn Re: Nicholas W. Putman a married man TRUSTEE’S...
Notice TerryIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
- Downtown PB lights up, as it gears up for big changes
- Poplar Bluff couple charged with robbing Essex bank
- Poplar Bluff man sentenced to federal prison for distributing heroin
- Police officials weigh in on PBPD location debate
- Vote expected Nov. 4 on $1M Shelby Road purchase, downtown city hall location
Latest State & Nation News