Deputy remains in intensive care following shoot out, suspect in custodyVAN BUREN — About seven hours after allegedly shooting and wounding two members of law enforcement as they attempted to serve him with an eviction notice, a Van Buren man “gave up peacefully without incident.” James D. Cummings, 31, was in custody as of shortly after 5 p.m...
Construction concerns top Neelyville R-IV agendaNeelyville R-IV school board received an update on the current building project with several board members expressing concerns over the quality of the work being done. At last month’s meeting, the board approved a bid from Crafton Equipment for $184,000. Construction started Aug. 5, with a projected completion date of the beginning of November...
Boy Scouts' sign up is TuesdayArea youth ages kindergarten through 12th grade will have the opportunity to sign up and join local Cub Scout Packs 3, 60 and 329 or Scout Troops 3, 60, 166 and 264 at an informational event Tuesday in Poplar Bluff. Sign ups will begin at 6 p.m. at the Poplar Bluff Junior High at 550 N. ...
Puxico Homecoming: It’s not really about the goat burgers, its about the peopleEvery year, community members and thousands of visitors come to the small town of Puxico to celebrate Puxico Homecoming. Carnival rides, corndogs and goat burgers are just a few of the staples that put this event in the spotlight for so many. The Puxico Homecoming started in 1937 by the mayor at the time. ...
Police reports - Aug. 16MISSOURI STATE HIGHWAY PATROL A 35-year-old Annapolis man drowned Thursday while swimming in Big Creek at Annapolis. According to the report, Joey P. Bales attempted to swim to an underwater cave at about 1:15 p.m. and did not resurface. Bales was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:10 p.m. by an emergency room doctor. He is the third drowning in Troop E this year...
Westwood Hills Health Center to celebrate World Senior Citizens Day TuesdayWestwood Hills Health Care Center in Poplar Bluff will be handing out free hotdogs and drinks Tuesday to all persons over the age of 55 in honor of World Senior Citizens Day. President Ronald Reagan signed a proclamation designating Aug. 21, 1988 as National Senior Citizens Day. The General Assembly of the United Nations followed with an international proclamation on Dec. 14, 1990...
Annual Mole Hill Cemetery Association Inc dinner and auction set for August 31The Mole Hill Cemetery Association Inc. will hold its annual officer election, supper and auction on Saturday, Aug. 31. at the Twin Rivers R-X High School cafeteria in Broseley. All you can eat meal begins at 4:30 p.m. followed by the auction. The election will be at 7 p.m...
- Poplar Bluff softball coach set to leave family business (8/17/19)With players sitting on the turf at Bobby Strenfel Field following their first practice of the season Monday morning, Poplar Bluff softball coach Lisa Boyer laid out her expectations of them. Heading into her 15th season as head coach of the program, Boyer, who will retire at the end of the school year, was presiding over her final first practice...
- Poplar Bluff softball coach set to leave family business (8/17/19)
- Poplar Bluff tennis, volleyball programs feature new coach (8/16/19)
- Cindy Siebert takes over as Neelyville softball coach (8/15/19)
- Neelyville baseball returns large group with plenty of starting experience (8/15/19)
- Poplar Bluff football team sports new look (8/15/19)
- Clearwater baseball looks to defend OFC title with new arms (8/14/19)
In Your Community
- OUR VIEW: What kind of example will we be to our children?
- Bloom where you are planted
- A group with the heart to create change, does
- Missourians will need REAL IDs for flights starting Oct. 1, 2020
- Eliminate the darkness and hate through a message of hope
- Thank you to Poplar Bluff voters for Highway 67 result
- Residents speak out on communications problems and Amazon, praise police officers
- Everyone is special
Imogene KinderMALDEN — Imogene Kinder, 81, of Malden died Friday, Aug. 16, 2019, at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical...
Terry LawrenceGIDEON — Terry Renne Lawrence, 63, of Gideon died Friday, Aug. 16, 2019, at SoutheastHEALTH Center...
Vernon Lavon SelfFISK, Mo. — Vernon Lavon Self, 90, of Poplar Bluff, died August 15 , 2019, in Poplar...
Juanita Pauline SteeleDONIPHAN, Mo. — Juanita Pauline Steele, 91, of Doniphan, died Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019 at...
Jean TeskeyJean Teskey, 77, formerly of Poplar Bluff, died Sunday, August 11, 2019 in Mesa, Arizona. A...
Joy Ann SmockDONIPHAN, Mo. —Joy Ann Smock, 72, of Harviell, died Aug. 14, 2019 at Oakdale Nursing Home in Poplar...
Bids 12 Passenger VanThe Butler County Sheriff’s Office is accepting...
Notice Brooks JXBIN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF BUTLER COUNTY, MISSOURI...
Notice BlackburnIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Trustee LewisTRUSTEE’S SALE IN RE: Bennie Ray Lewis Kimberly...
Trustee HurstTRUSTEE’S SALE IN RE: Shannon Hurst, an unmarried...
Pets4 Free Kittens. Litter box rained, eating solid foods. Can send Pictures. (573)300-5586
Apartments - UnfurnishedPrice Reduction Deposit financed, excellent location, some utilities paid, 1,2 & 3 bdrm. duplexes & efficiency apartments, 573-776-8898
Motorcycles & ATV's2013 Honda Gold Wing Trike & trailer, like new, 16,xxx miles, matching helmets, loaded w/extras, 573-429-6328
FurnitureLove Seat, Ashley Furniture, Burgundy color, Clean and Sturdy. $40 (573)785-5614
FurnitureLove Seat, Rowe Furniture, Blue in color. Clean and sturdy. $40 (573)785-5614
Apartments - UnfurnishedSmall Efficiency Apartment for rent in Puxico, perfect for singles, all utilities included, no pets, $150 deposit $550 monthly, 573-718-8244
- Rodgers Theatre tower replaced
- Deputy remains in intensive care following shoot out, suspect in custody
- Police catch fleeing suspect, who says he’ll do it again
- Dexter man pleads to involuntary manslaughter in fatal boat collision on Black River
- Local group aims to instill love of soccer in laid-back way