Meet the 2019-2020 TRC Raiders and Lady Raiders
Court motion filed to halt PB city's purchase on Shelby RoadA motion has been filed in Butler County court to prevent the city of Poplar Bluff from purchasing property on Shelby Road. Poplar Bluff attorney Robert Smith says in court documents filed Nov. 13 a motion approved by the city council to purchase property for re-sale should be invalidated. (This is not Mayor Robert Smith.)...
WWII veteran robbed at gunpoint in home invasionHelping others is human nature, but for one 93-year-old World War II veteran from Butler County, his generosity led to a life-threatening situation. On Saturday night of Veterans Day weekend, “Joe,” who didn’t want to be identified, already was in bed when he heard a knock on his front door. Arising from his rest to answer it, he found a woman on his porch...
PBFD responds to residence fire on Lester Street
Academic letterman recipients receive challenge to focus on attitudeOver 200 Poplar Bluff High School students received recognition this week for academic success in the form of letterman patches.
Service puts spouses, children on the front lines of hardship, sacrificeBy BARBARA ANN HORTON Staff Writer When one enlists in the military, their family feels they are making sacrifices and serving their country in their own way, too. Poplar Bluffians Kim Fry and Laura Williams have experienced serving their country as the spouse of a U.S. solider...
Black Belt Academy competes in Germantown, Tenn. at ATA Regional TournamentStudents from the Black Belt Academy in Poplar Bluff competed during October at the ATA Regional Tournament in Germantown, Tenn. Shown back row from left, Damon Weible; Walter Rommel and Seth Smith. Front row from left, Dean Weible; Zoie Franklin and Ryker Hamptom...
Broseley High School class of 1959 celebrates 60th reunion
Baby it's cold outside! Simple wintertime hacksBrrr! While I do mostly loathe Missouri’s hot, humid summers, I wasn’t quite ready for frigid temps and snow. The tiny taste of winter we got earlier in the week prompted me to start prepping for cold weather. The to-do list will ready you for the wintry days ahead. Best to be safe than sorry, my mom always said...
Collectibles1964 Kennedy Half dollars. Near Uncirculated condition. Very nice! 90% silver. $50 for 6 coins. (573)300-9588
Find a FriendSWM Seeking SWF, wanting long term, close, loving relationship, No drinking, smoking or drugs. Poplar Bluff area, 810-338-0547
FurnitureHand carved oak table with hutch and china. 2 captains chairs/2 leaves/4 regular chairs. Make offer. (810)33-0547
Auto & Truck Parts2 wheel dolly, to haul front wheel drive vehicles, $500. (810)338-0547
- Kiley Bess signs with Saint Louis to play basketball (11/15/19)Gene and Brian Bess have attended many signing ceremonies through the years welcoming players to Three Rivers College. None, however, was likely more special than Thursday afternoon when a Poplar Bluff senior chose to play for another college. Kiley Bess made it official in front of friends and family by signing her National Letter of Intent to play basketball for Saint Louis University...
- Kiley Bess signs with Saint Louis to play basketball (11/15/19)
- Poplar Bluff football team looks to build on 4-6 season (11/14/19)
- Raider men prove clutch in win over No. 20 John A. Logan (11/13/19)
- Raider women roll against Lindenwood-Belleville JV (11/13/19)
- Bell City basketball hopes health, experience result in more wins (11/13/19)
- COLUMN: Dexter football working toward better things in 2020 (11/13/19)
In Your Community
- Black Belt Academy competes in Little Rock, Ark.
- Run planned for Dec. 14 to benefit Arthritis Foundation
- Patient Care Associates program accepting applications
- Sacred Heart names November students of the month
- New city land has potential as bullfrog and billy goat farm
- Poplar Bluff High School names October athletes of the month
- PBHS September students of the month
- Poplar Bluff High School October students of the month
Tina M. LawsonPIEDMONT — Tina M. Lawson, 57, of Piedmont, died Thursday, Nov. 12, 2019 at the Saint Francis...
Paul D. HayesBLOOMFIELD — Paul D. Hayes, 79, of Essex, died Nov. 12, 2019 at the Cypress Point Skilled Nursing...
Ethel Reatha CravensPARMA, Mo. — Ethel Reatha Cravens, 100, of Parma, died Nov. 12, 2019 at the New Madrid Living...
Elizabeth Shawn WellsADVANCE — Elizabeth Shawn Wells, 52, of Columbia, Mo. died Nov. 13, 2019 in Fulton, Mo. Visitation...
Eugene C. ScottNEELYVILLE — Eugene C. Scott, 49, of Doniphan, died Nov. 11, 2019 at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical...
Marcella HonMALDEN — Marcella Hon, 91, of Risco, died Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2019 at The Lutheran Home in Cape...
Notice WoodsIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Notice StitzIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Notice McGathIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT OF BUTLER...
Notice Roberts/SfulzitaIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Trustee PriceTRUSTEE’S SALE IN RE: Jermayne A Price, A Single...
Notice BladesIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Notice KJH HamiltonIN THE BUTLER CIRCUIT COURT OF BUTLER COUNTY,...
Notice GarnerIN THE 36TH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT COURT, BUTLER...
Latest State & Nation News